You are hereCall for artists ›
MTD ART Call for Entries
Monday, July 15, 2013 - 11:45am
For as long as MTD has existed, its mission has been to seamlessly transport the rider from point A to point B. With MTD ART: Moving Pictures Through Your Neighborhood, we are focusing on a different type of transportation: transportation of the mind.
Riders will be treated to artwork from the area’s finest artists because of the collaboration between 40 North, MTD, and Dixon Graphics.
Four selected artists will be featured on the interior overhead panels of every MTD bus for a period of approximately 3 months. A new set will be posted each quarter: November 1, February 1, May 1, and August 1.
Current submissions will be accepted for review through July 15, 2013. Two sets of 4 works will be selected by a small jury – 1 set will be featured on the interior overhead panels on every MTD bus starting August 1 through October 31 and the second set will be posted on November 1 through January 31, 2014.
SUBMITTING IMAGES FOR REVIEW
DIGITAL SUBMISSION (preferred)
- EMAIL SUBMISSION:
- jpeg format
- each artist may submit up to 3 images (selected images are limited to one per artist per quarter)
- please name each file as follows “lastname_firstname_01.jpg” - i.e. “smith_jane_01.jpg”
- images should be 4725 pixels wide x 2550 pixels high (15.75” x 8.5” - 300 dpi)
- please complete the online application form and send digital images to firstname.lastname@example.org
- CD, DVD, USB flash drive (clearly labeled with artist’s name)
If you are unable to provide a digital submission or have difficulty with the formatting listed above, please contact Kelly White at 217.351.9841 or email@example.com to make alternative arrangements.
Entries must be received by midnight, July 15, 2013.